Lithium Ion (Li-ion) Battery
Lithium Ion battery
packs as the preferred power solution for today’s portable equipment.
Features of Li-Ion
• higher energy density per unit volume and unit weight than Ni- based batteries. Capable of over 500 cycles
• The nominal voltage 3.70V, or three times the 1.20V rating of a Ni- based cell.
• Load characteristics are outstanding with flat discharge curves, providing effective use of stored energy in the range
of 3.70V – 2.5V per cell.
• Require minimal maintenance as opposed to other cell chemistries. Self-discharge is less than half that of a Nickel
based battery, with no concerns of ‘memory effect’.
• 18650 Li-ion cell is the most commonly used cell while other cylindrical formats are options to specific requirements
• Prismatic form cell are flexible options to specific requirements or application.
We will complete the assembly with appropriate protection circuitry / devices, or provide a smart pack solution if advanced functionality is required.